Inspire Project Team 2018
Our fantastic ‘Inspire’ Project lauched in September 2016 aims to support a group of 13-16 year olds from Leicester city by providing a Personal Development prgramme over a one year period.
Inspire is funded by the Big Lottery and will include:
- A week-long residential trip in October Half Term to a residential centre where young people can take part in things like team building and confidence buidling activities. They will have opportunity to undertaking exciting outdoor actvities like absailing, caving, etc.
- A series of Personal Development Workshops addressing the issues and needs that young people have said are important to them
- Community projects where young people will get the opportunity to plan and manage their own projects and gain budgeting, planning and marketing skills
- A mentoring scheme for those young people who feel that could benifit from this type of support .
- An end of project event to celebrate young people’s achievements and accomplishments throughout the year attended by families, friends and influential people of Leicester.
The Inspire project aims to;
- Increase transferable skills such as Communication, Problem Solving Abilities and Team Working
- Increased Confidence
- Increase Aspirations
- increase Employability
The Inspire Project is aimed at those YOUNG PEOPLE AGED 13-16 WHO LIVE IN LEICESTER who may require additional support due to things like not achieving as well at school as they could, their confidence is low a lot of the time, they find it hard to make friends, do not get many opportunity to be themselves due to factors like there is not a lot of money at home or have not had easiest start in their young lives life and so on. This programme can help you feel great about yourself and your community.
- We are ready to recruit another fantastic group of young people for our 2018-19 Inspire Project (Year 3). Year Two will run from October 2018 until the end of August 2019.
- We invite referrals from all young peoples services including schools, colleges, youth clubs and social care team, local families. If you would like to refer a young person or your child to take part in this fully funded project, please contact us asap as we only have a limited number of spaces.
- Click on the referral form to download and complete then return it to us at email@example.com.
- or PLEASE give us a ring if you’d like us to pop into your organisation to talk about this project in more detail - we always welcome any questions or enquiries. You can also arrange to meet us at our base on Churchgate in Leicester City centre. Ask for Gavan or Michelle the team that manage Inspire.
- We are also on the lookout to recruit brilliant VOLUNTEERS (aged 18+) to support the Inspire Project alongside our trained professional staff between October 2018 - August 2019.
- The opportunities range from being a VOLUNTEER on delivery of our October Residental or to becoming a MENTOR to an young person or assit the team with planning and delivery of group work sessions.
- You DO NOT necessarily need experience of working with young people but you will need a few hours commitment each month, plus enthusiasm, values that belive in equality and the postive progress of young people needs and the ability to get stuck in.
- If you’d like to consider taking part in this opportunity then click on the volunteer application form to download, complete and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or better please simply give us a call if you have questions and would like some more details about how you could get involved.